Hello Olson Families,
Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 school year. I am honored and privileged to begin my 5th year as the Olson Elementary School Principal and my 17th year as an educator. As you may know, I spent 6 years as a teacher and the last 10 years as both an assistant principal and principal. I look forward to continuing to bring this experience to our shared school purpose to cultivate the hearts & minds to build a better humanity.
Over the last 4 years and together as a community, we have continued to provide exceptional student experiences that support Olson’s shared values & beliefs. Some of these include:
- Bringing back Science Camp to support our value of providing authentic & rigorous learning experiences
- Participating in Friday Morning Assemblies, ORCAS Awards, & student Mindfulness supporting our belief that social emotional skills are vital to the wellbeing & the lifting up of others
- Providing a robust Music program to support our value of diversity in perspective and lived experiences
- Increasing mental health & health professional staff to support our belief that safety is essential to cultivate hearts and minds
- Providing a breadth of teacher support & development by establishing a host of partnerships that promote growth
- Using research to inform decisions & practice by offering effective small group & 1:1 tutoring acceleration for students
- Purchasing of the most culturally responsive & relevant books supporting our belief that literacy is a gateway to improve self & society
Moving forward & together, we are eager to continue developing more innovative opportunities for Olson families and are confident that this year will offer another fantastic school year. Please know, I’m here to serve, so feel free to contact me anytime.
Olson Elementary School