Hello Olson Families,
Welcome to the 2023– 2024 school year. I am honored and privileged to begin my 6th year as the Olson Elementary School Principal and my 18th year as an educator. As you may know, I spent 6 years as a teacher and the last 11 years as both an assistant principal and principal. I look forward to continuing to bring this experience to our shared school purpose to cultivate the hearts & minds to build a better humanity.
- Providing Science Camp for 6th grade to support our value of providing authentic & rigorous learning experiences
- Providing a robust Music program to support our value of diversity in perspective and lived experiences
- Increasing mental health and health professional staff to support our belief that safety is essential to cultivate hearts and minds
- Establishing partnerships that promote growth to provide a comprehensive after-school program provided by EDMO and include a variety of other after-school enrichment options such as chess, theatre, & coding
- Using research to inform decisions and practice by offering effective small group & 1:1 tutoring acceleration services for students
- Supporting our belief that social-emotional skills are vital to self and the lifting up of others by partnering with the Mindful Life Project to provide regular and consistent mindfulness to the Olson community
Moving forward & together, we are eager to continue developing more innovative opportunities for Olson families and are confident that this year will offer another fantastic school year. Please know, I’m here to serve, so feel free to contact me anytime.
Olson Elementary School